=== i was going to write this all in chinese but... blah - to lazy ===
So what do you do when shit hits the fan at work? 不可避免的大概是先問候一下有關人物的奶奶媽媽及祖宗八代吧.
Well, I know the *right thing* to do would be look for solutions first, then put together an action plan, and a plan B to back up plan A. Second thing would be finding out how it happened, and then bring all info along with the bad news to da bosses. We all know too well finger pointing doesn't solve the problem.
So did I do the right thing today?
To be totally honest to myself: I panicked. I searched through my emails to see who dropped the ball. I tried to find a way to show it's someone else's fault, even before I understand the entire situation. It is when it's clearly my responsibility, even it is not my fault, THEN I tried to find solutions. I couldn't sleep nor could I eat.
At the end, it was false alarm. But now I am loosing sleep over how I reacted and how, in my mind, tried to finger point the others.
Granted nothing was said or emailed to the managers, but I do feel guilty for trying to blame others.
I don't know if I can handle the emotional roller coaster rides any longer.
I do this constantly, and I even have a term for it - The CYA-reaction (Cover-Your-Ass-reaction). At the point of no return of such reaction, I lose sleep and food and then feel generally shitty about myself. But maybe I feel less guilty about it with practice now... :D
ReplyDeleteTime to start hunting again?