Sunday, July 17, 2011

Soooooo Hoooooot

It's gotta be the hottest day of the year. 32 deg C in Aurora - I can't imagine what it feels like in Toronto downtown with the number of cars and A/C units emitting hot air into the atmosphere.

While grocery shopping, we decided that eating a big breakfast, light lunch and decent dinner is something we should *try* to do... ... again. And that's why hubby bought a pack of bacon when I picked up a pack of Canadian bacon (eyes rolling). The idea is to cook them in advance so he can nuke it at work for a BLT bagel. A BLT bagel I believe costs about $6 in that lovely CLS cafeteria nowadays. Good idea, eating health (healthier than chips or muffin) AND saving money. Not so good idea because I have to cook. Heated kitchen and a house full of bacon smell... yeah, that's something I want in a hot day like this.

Well, no worries, I'll just cook outside in the yard with our camping gears. Here is the bacon sizzling and old-pup guarding it. He is barking at me because I distracted his bacon watch...

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha maybe you can cook the bacon by LEAVING it outside... the weather was really stuffy down here, I was getting grumpy. No wonder old-pup is barking, he must be hating his lack of sweat glands.

    I solve my morning problems by eating an egg over toast - or oatmeal. It's also super easy to crack an egg into a small ramekin at work and nuke it... and I do batches of bacon too!

    Mmmm bacon.

    ReplyDelete