Monday, March 24, 2014

'm back (sort of)

Hello blogger.com, it's not that I abandoned you, it's just that ever since my doggie went to heaven, I haven't had much motivation to write.

Here is something I left off in 2012.

===Written 2012 May ===

A little over 5 years ago, I decided to put my resume up on Monster.com, not looking for a new job or anything. I did it "just in case" - 'cause the layoffs had became a quarterly thing.
When a head hunter contacted me a week after, it was a shock - wow, monster.com actually works!
So the first day of my new job I was all excited - the VP of Engineering interviewed and hired me himself  after all -  and I was expecting to have all that are necessary for my work - a clean desk, a fast PC, desk phone, and an email account all setup for me, considering the "cutting technology field" this company is in: fingerprint and 3D facial recognition for access control.

But noooo......... There was a desk alright, full of half built products, cables, wires, screws, out of calibration equipment and scribbled papers, all covered by a layer of dust. The desk surface wasn't visible at all. What came in the field of view next was a 14" CRT monitor, sitting on top of a pile of mechanical drawings and schematics. It doesn't have cords. Then I found the phone and keyboard under a pile of stuff. CPU was missing. And there was no chair, NO F**KING CHAIR.

So my new career @bioscrypt started... yipee.

No comments:

Post a Comment