I have been carrying this Thanksgiving/Christmas fat for too long. Time to get active, but sadly you can't just pick up where you left off when it comes to physical activity. It's been a little over 4 months since the last run and over a year since the first attempt for B210K, so a C25K repeat it is. I skipped W1 and W2, because, well, I am not THAT out of shape.
W3D1, -8°C, Sunny
Starting Weight: ░░░ "What is that?" you ask? LOL do you really think I'm going to put that here.
Thoughts going thru my mind: Gosh the snow on every surface is blinding, and my sunglasses are fogging up. Are there jogging goggles that seal around the eye area? Can I wear swimming goggles? That would look weird. What about UV blocking dark contact lenses? Is there such a thing? Wooo doggie! Haha doggie is dragging a stick bigger than him and the owner is falling behind, stumbling in the snow. Oh, another doggie! Saint Bernard rolling in the snow, cute. Why is the trail so empty? Am I crazy jogging on the snow covered trail? Despite the number of people moving into Aurora in recent years, the Nokiidda trails are kept fairly clean. I'm thankful to have clean trails to jog and fresh air to breath.
After the run: Very tight calves and wonky right knee. Hope it will get better as I progress. Felt really good, like I-can-run-another-W3D1 kinda of good, if it wasn't for the tight calves and sore knee.

No comments:
Post a Comment