Saturday, July 23, 2011

Portulaca

I have never liked Portulaca flowers, seen them in the neighbourhood yards, garden centers... They look soooo... "wormly". So I don't know what possessed me to buy a tray of 24 plants during lunch hour that day, the Cantonese speaking flower lady was so friendly.

Don't like them, don't know how to take care or where to plant them - so I put them in 4 different locations, hoping they will tell me which spot works better. You may call it trial and error or natural selection. Surprisingly, all 4 spots are doing just fine.

This will be a place for me to record my garden flowers, what they called, how the seedling, grown plant, flower and seeds look like.



1 month after planting


Close up - White Portulaca

Portulaca Fresh Seed Pot

Dried Seed Pot

Collecting Portulaca Seeds

Portulaca Seed Size



A month after planting, I've already collected a handful of seeds - what to do with them...?

2 comments:

  1. spreeeead the joy of life into your neighbors driveway cracks! they grow anywhere, no? :D

    thought you had black thumb! am i to hope that my basil plant is going to survive me too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for blogging my plants here :-\

    ReplyDelete