It had to be cleaned a few times a day - after work, before bed, in the middle of the night, early morning, 4 or 5-ish, and once more before leaving for work, so that he can breath better. I mean, really digging into his nose and peel stuff off, inserting Kleenix in and behind the alar folds to drag green stuff out. He hates this cleaning procedure but somehow lets me do it without sneering.
This has been going on for the past 10 - 11 weeks. His nose was so dry I am afraid it's gonna fall off! The vet said he's just having a flu and we should let it run its course. But 11 weeks is a bit longer then the 2 weeks he expected.
Poor dog... Poor me! I think I am ready for a kid now. I've been "practicing" getting up several times a night since douggie started to have seizure a year ago, and now stuffy nose.
Not sure if the flu is causing his very dry nose, this is what it looked like - a layer of crust (Taken after mucus were cleaned):
10 days after applying Vitamin E Oil - all black crust/specks gone. Looks a lot healthier, no?
As for the running nose - it has gotten better. I have been giving him a whole orange everyday (in addition to the daily apple), not sure if this boost of vitamin C works for dogs, but the symptoms are disappearing slowly.
During poop-patrol, B asks: what's dou eating that's yellow...?
Me: ... ... orange.
B: Orange...? MY orange!?!? Ew~!
HAHAHA...
baby dog's nose looks so much more healthy now... and a whole orange and an apple - he's eating more fruits than me.
ReplyDeleteyeah get a kid so i can torment him/her :D