Thursday, August 11, 2011

Haworthia (?)

Years ago when we just moved into this house, we visited the Home Depot down the street quiet often. On one trip, I passed by this little pot with a tag that says: "Lazy people's house plant - easy to care" so ding-ding-ding, that is soooo for me.

It IS really easy to care for. I've forgotten all about it for the longest time. No water, no new soil, no fertilizer for 5 or 6 months a times, and it still flowers!

It took me a while (with Google's help) to figured out it's one of the Haworthia species, but not sure which one.

Anyway, it rarely flowers, and when it does, nothing spectacular. But I thought I should take a few pictures and put it up here.
(This is a really bad blog but it's late and I am killing time while waiting for HK CM's reply... so screw the fanciness)

Haworthia unknown specieHaworthia flowers

By the way, I've also learned it's a succulent, not cactus.

1 comment: